cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMorisseau
Level 5

SdFeatureTree space check w/multiple destinations

I have an InstallScript project set up as a front-end for our product suite. I have the SdFeatureTree dialog to allow the user to select which products to install. The hitch is that an increasingly common install scenario is to install the primary server applicaton on one drive, and the sub-applications and their data on another drive. After SdFeatureTree, I have a custom dialog set up to collect the installation directories to be passed as command-line arguments to each of the individual setups.

What's happening is a classsic chicken and egg case: On a fresh install, the default TARGETDIR is set to C:\. If I select more than one feature and there isn't enough space on C:, I have no way to change the path since I don't get to my custom dialog until after I've selected my features.

What I'm looking for is a procedure to follow that will allow me to disable the disk-space checking of SdFeatureTree and have my custom Select Directories dialog do the space test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dennis
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
J_anitha
Level 8

Maybe you can try overriding the default SdFeatureTree() in your script.
The implementaion for SdFeatureTree is in C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Script\Isrt\src\SdComponentTreeDlg.rul
0 Kudos
DMorisseau
Level 5

Ok, I found the file in question and copied it over to my local project folder giving it a new name. I found the code that invokes SdComponentDlgCheckSpace and commented that out and did a test run to verify that the disk space checking was being bypassed.

Now I need to figure out how to do the disk space tests and get them to happen on my custom dialog.

If anyone can provide assistance, feel free.
0 Kudos