cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

SQLServerSelectLogin2

Hi,
I am trying to implement two SQLServerSelectLogin2 dialogs in an InstallScript MSI project to specify login info for two databases (may or may not use same creds). Seems like I should just need to copy the SQLServerSelectLogin2 dialog and modify it to change the properties that apply to the fields. That appears possible in a Basic MSI project but I don't see the Property field in the Dialog editor in the InstallScript MSI project. What am I missing?
Thanks

Update:
Looks like I can accomplish that by adding a second set of Properties and using the appropriate properties for the SQL connections in the Scripts view.

Now I would like to add a checkbox to indicate "Use default values" that, if checked on the first screen, would allow me to skip the second dialog. Looks like I can't do that in an InstallScript MSI project?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
rguggisberg
Level 13

I can add the checkbox by direct editing the Control table. But then one has to modify the appropriate .rul file. Wow! That is a long way to go for something as simple as adding a checkbox. I am now wrestling with the .rul file. Presumably I pass another parameter(s) into the SQLServerSelectLoginDlg.rul file and have code in there to show/hide the control??? I also need to default it to checked and then save the result. Is there any info or an example of how to do those things?
Thanks

Update:

There is some info about this here
https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?195488-Custom-Edit-Field-on-SQL-Dialog&highlight=edit+dialog
"You basically need to copy the code for the SQLServerSelectLogin2 function from C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011\Script\Isrt\src\SQLServerSelectLoginDlg.rul into your InstallScript code, and then tweak it to support the new control that you have added."
But that does not seem like a good idea. It means the code goes with the version of IS rather than with the project. So you can see what will get forgotten on the next IS upgrade!
0 Kudos