cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garypaquette
Level 4

SQLServerLogin

I am trying to use for the first time the capability in IS 2008 to create a database from a script. When I run the script in the SQL Server 2005 tools or using SQLCMD all works fine so I now the script is good.
The documentation is very poor around the architecuture process flow on what and how to do this. I am using the SQLServerLogin form, and I have a SQLConnection and SQLScript associated with it ( the same script I tested).

I get no errors or messages back from the system and nothing ever gets created. Any good samples or better documentation out there?

Gary
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

All you need to do is to add connection(s) and your script(s) in the SQL Scripts view. InstallShield automatically displays the built-in SQL Login dialog at runtime. Once you provide valid login information on the dialog, InstallShield will execute your scripts during installation. I recommend that you test it by creating a new project with only adding a connection and a script.
0 Kudos
garypaquette
Level 4

Looks you are correct. The problem is in the script. The export wizard to create the script has a few problems. Only way to tell or test is by importing the script into SQL Server and ran the script from there. I was then able to get all the errors.
Thanks!
0 Kudos