cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandon_Lowe
Level 6

SQLLogin dialog and ISSQLServerValidate action

I'm using the SQLLogin and it has the ISSQLServerValidate action being called after clicking next. This works and is validating the login info but if the login fails and the user clicks ok at the message the install continues to the next dialog.
I need to stop and go back to the SQLLogin dialog if ISSQLServerValidate fails. How can I do this?

Brandon
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Were you able to get a satisfactory answer?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Make sure that the NewDialog control event for the Next push button control of the SQLLogin dialog has a proper condition. The condition is set to "IS_SQLSERVER_STATUS=0" by default.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that same response from an IS support engineer, but it doesn't work. Now it skips the validation error and the second SQL dialog completely and starts installing.

Perhaps it works when the SQL Login is before the SetupType, but I have moved it to after setup type and have a second SQL login dialog presented after the first. Then it continues to ReadyToInstall.

The published directions for multiple SQL Login dialogs were pretty out of date, and I had to hack through them. Its possible that there is something still missing.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

If you create a brand new project from scratch and add a connection & a script in the SQL Scripts view, is it reproducible?
0 Kudos