cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scherger
Level 3

SQL Scripts will not run in small update

I've created a small update from our last install and have some sql scripts that need to be run when the update is applied. However, when I add the new script that needs to be run nothing happens. From what I can tell in the log, the script is not scheduled to be run but I'm not sure how to force it to run. I have not set any conditions on this script for now and the run on install check box is checked. The timeout on the connection is zero. This was originally a basic msi project if that makes any difference.

This is what I see in the log:
1: Processing the SQL connection 'DBSqlConnection'...
1: Determining if there is at least one SQL script scheduled to execute under the connection...
1: The SQL script 'PatchScript.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnInstall, Action=Install, Component State=None, Schema=

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, could someone point me to a more thorough form of documentation for installshield because the help file is rarely useful for some of the more difficult things that pop up (like this problem).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Scherger
Level 3

Nobody has any ideas? I'm sure it's just something small I'm not doing but I can't seem to figure out what.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The SQL scripts are explicitly tied to component states. In your Windows Installer verbose log file, you may be able to find some more information as to why the component associated with the 'PatchScript.sql' thinks it does not need to reinstall.
0 Kudos