cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfairweather
Level 4

SQL Express 2008 Redistributable

When will 2008 SQL Express be available. This is one reason I upgraded to 2009 IS Express. Also, how do you requre any version of SQL to be in place before installing your package. Currently, if SQL 2005 Express WOW version is not installed, it tries to install it even if the person already has 2008 SQL Express installed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

I have attached the setup prerequisites for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express RTM. Please copy the .prq files to the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009 Express\SetupPrerequisites folder. You also need to apply the Hotfix of setup.exe for InstallShield Express 2009 so that the setup prerequisites will be working correctly. Please update the setup*.exe files under the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009 Express\Redist\Language Independent\i386 folder with the files attached to this post.
0 Kudos
cfairweather
Level 4

Thank you very much for your help.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I also updated the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express SP2 setup prerequisites so that they will not be installed onto the machine which already has a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 installed. The new prerequisites require the setup.exe fixes posted earlier in this thread.
0 Kudos
cfairweather
Level 4

Thanks for your great support.
0 Kudos
tolun286
Level 2

hidenori wrote:
I have attached the setup prerequisites for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express RTM. Please copy the .prq files to the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009 Express\SetupPrerequisites folder. You also need to apply the Hotfix of setup.exe for InstallShield Express 2009 so that the setup prerequisites will be working correctly. Please update the setup*.exe files under the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009 Express\Redist\Language Independent\i386 folder with the files attached to this post.

Hi hidenori;

InstallShield can't find these files on preparing setup process which are shown below. I though they are only "64bit of windows installer 4.5" for these platforms. Could you please prepare these files as like "SQL Server 2008 Express RTM" for us also?

Windows Installer 4.5 for Windows Server 2003 and XP (x64).prq
Windows Installer 4.5 for Windows Server 2008 (x64).prq
Windows Installer 4.5 for Windows Vista (x64).prq

Sincerely,

Tolun.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Those prerequisites for Windows Installer 4.5 are included in InstallShield 2010 and later versions of InstallShield.

Regards.
0 Kudos