cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jewels
Level 3

Running InstallScript setup.exe from DVD

I have a wrapper program for a series of InstallShield setup.exes that I launch. The way it works is that a setup.exe install is launched, the user steps through the GUI to install, and before going to the next step (install) there is code that verifies that the install was was completed by checking the registry. This all works fine from disk (hard drive). But from DVD it seems that the Installscript setup.exe returns immediately even though I have not stepped through the GUI installer and exited the setup.exe. This causes my wrapper program to proceed to the install verification too soon, and it flags an error.

I need the setup.exe to NOT return immediately when run from DVD. I have tried placing in a batch file with a call command, and that did not change the behavior. Is there some way with InstallScript to prevent the instant return of the setup.exe when run from DVD?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Depending on the InstallShield version used to create the InstallScript installers, you might try passing the /clone_wait (past few versions) or /SMS (only with pretty old versions) switch to setup.exe. The "Setup.exe and Update.exe Command-Line Parameters" help topic has more information.
0 Kudos
jewels
Level 3

Thanks Robert! The /clone_wait option worked. Thanks!!
0 Kudos