cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ron a Prerequisite only once

I have a Prerequisite where i start an other setup I want to make sure that i do this only once There for i want to check if it was already installed. There fore i wold like registry Key. I know how to check if the Key exists. But how can i create the Key with my prerequisite?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi,

Hope pre-requisite you are going to add is an another setup.exe,which had been created via installshield.In that case you can write Installscript function which will set registry key on successful installation using functions like RegDBSetDefaultRoot,RegDBCreateKeyEx,RegDBSetKey as mentioned in example given in the below link:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield19helplib/Subsystems/installshield19langref/helplibrary/LangrefRegDBSetDefaultRoot_example.htm#Langref_appendixD_3271668955_1024005

You can create InstallScript custom-action which can call the specific function that can be sequenced on successful installation.Now registry key has been created.

You can process with registry based condition using Pre-requisite editor,rest all you might know i guess.

Since pre-requisite editor is just an editor ,it can't create registry entries.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos