cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan
Level 4

Rich textbox merge module causes ICE82 warnings

When I add the rich textbox merge module richtx32_x86.msm it creates 5 ICE82 warnings about sequence (because it has added Windowsfolder & Systemfolder Actions to 5 tables (InstallExecuteSequence, InstallUISequence, AdminExecuteSequence, AdminUISequence, AdvtExecuteSequence) with the same sequence number (1).

It also adds a further 12 ICE33 warnings, but there are always so many of them I don't care.

Is this expected?
Is there an issue with the merge module or ISX?
Does it matter or can I just ignore them?
Anything I can do in ISX to get rid of them?
(I don't particularly want to edit the msi every time I build something including this merge module)

Thanks
J
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Jonathan
Level 4

Update: I did test adding just this module to a dummy ISX project with minimal other changes (just adding a single file to keep it content) and then checked the ICE tests with and without the module and it definitely was the cause of said ICE warnings.

However, since it is an old merge module and I've used it in other installs in the past I'm going to assume that all its problems can just be ignored... although it is a bit frustrating that supposedly properly authored merge modules actually add ICE warning/errors into my installation and I have no control over it.

If anyone has had similar problems with merge modules and/or has better suggestions than "do nothing" please do post.

Thanks
J
0 Kudos