cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
js12
Level 2

Requirement for Framework 4.6 not listed.

Hi i could not find any posts to regards this. so il post the question
i got the newest version of installshield and i can now see that in requirements the Framework 4.6 is not listed only frameworks up to 4.5 is there.

is this do to that installshield only allows that check in there professionel editions and not in this one ?

i need this check for some of the applications i publish is there fix to this or is it possible to make an custom condition to check for it? i tried to do so but with no success.

thanks
regards
maddragon151
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

In the Installation Requirements, there is a "Create Custom Software Condition" option, you can look for a registry entry for .NET 4.6.

You can also select .NET4.6 as a redistributable and have the installer install it if the prerequisite is missing on target machines.

The prerequisite is check for the value of "393297" for the registry value "Release" at the location below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
0 Kudos
js12
Level 2

Hi kyi thanks for your reply and i tried it and it works as long you use " Release " in the value field. how ever what im looking for is to check the content of that release and it seams this LE version dont support that it apparently can only search for registry value names such as " release "

unless i have missed something somewhere i really like to be able to check the content of that value " release " which is : 393297

there is also a value called " Version " where the actual version of the framework 4 is which is " 4.6.00079 " thats what i like to check up against but installshield apparently only looks for names on values 😞

unless you or others know another way to check it.

regards
maddragon151
0 Kudos