cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattQVI
Level 8

Repair is bring back older versions of files

I started out with version 0.1.20 and recently upgraded to 0.1.21. It's not a major or minor upgrade but rather just another release/build that contains newer files. The problem I have is REPAIR. When running this from Add/Remove Programs... my application reverts back to my previous install rather than repairing the one I just upgraded to. Seem like it has the previous version on the brain, in a matter of speaking.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MattQVI
Level 8

Searched the registry for my application. It says 0.8.09 when I just upgraded to 0.8.10. The correct file is in the installation directory but for some reason it didn't update in the registry.

Again, any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
dan_galender
Level 10

If you rebuilt your release and changed the ProductVersion (as you say from 0.1.20 to 0.1.21), then you did, by definition, create a Minor Upgrade.

Was the key file or key path of the Component that contained the registry entry updated when you modified your project? If not, that component was not reinstalled and that would explain why the registry entry wasn't changed.
0 Kudos
MattQVI
Level 8

The keys remained the same between 0.1.20 and 0.1.21 (product and upgrade). The only on the I believe changed in 0.1.21 was the package code when it was rebuilt. The files for the component that changed were correct in the installation directory but the for some reason, the registry still had the old version. BTW, I don't mess with the registry. If this is happening, it's MSI installer or InstallShield creating entries.
0 Kudos