cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken_Hartlen
Level 4

Releases View and Uninstallation Shortcut

Hi all,

I've used the Releases View to create an installation project with two Product Configurations and each having two Release variations. The installations are Basic MSI.

Before creating the Releases, I used the Project Assistant to create an Uninstallation Shortcut for the Start | Programs | MyApp menu which works fine for my primary Product configuration.

However, in the Releases View for the second Product Configuration, I've overridden the Product Code GUID. When I build all of the Releases, my second Product Configuration also uses the primary GUID since the GUID is specified in the Uninstallation Shortcut's arguments.

Is there anyway to have the the Product Code specified in Uninstallation Shortcut use the one for the Release being compiled / built?

Or, will I have to create two Shortcut Components and use Release Flags to include the appropriate one?

TIA

Ken Hartlen
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps change the specific product code value in the shortcut's properties to [ProductCode], which should expand to the proper value at run time?
0 Kudos
Ken_Hartlen
Level 4

Hi Robert,

I forgot to mention that I had tried [ProductCode] in the shortcut arguments. And that when I looked in the built MSI and saw "/x [ProductCode]" in the Shortcuts table I had _assumed_ it should have made the change to the GUID during build time.

You are right, the [ProductCode] does get replaced with the proper ProductCode GUID at run time.

Thanks and sorry to trouble you.

Ken
0 Kudos