cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gridman
Level 8

Reinstall event condition not reinstalling

I have a Basic MSI project where in one dialog when they hit the Next button I want to force a reinstall of a feature during Maintenance mode. So, in the Next button behaviors for the dialog, I have defined an event condition as such:

Reinstall FeatureName Installed

Now, the UI is being run in full mode, because I see dialogs in the User Interface Sequence when I run it. So according to the Help, all the conditions for the reinstall have been satisfied. Also, when I look in the ControlEvent table, the event condition is there, like it's supposed to be. So, InstallShield is doing its part.

However, the reinstall of the feature does not take place. Strange.

Any suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
gridman
Level 8

I just read that I should also use the ReinstallMode event condition, so I added that with the argument of "omus", which is the default. Here is what I added:

ReinstallMode omus Installed

However, the same thing is happening. The reinstall of the feature is not taking place.
0 Kudos
gridman
Level 8

The answer to the problem is that the Reevaluate Condition of the component under the Feature that needs to be reinstalled should be set to Yes.

I didn't mention that both the feature and the component have conditions. So, the component's condition should have been evaluated to true, but it wasn't, because the Reevaluate Condition for the component wasn't set to Yes.

If it's set to Yes, everything works properly.
0 Kudos