cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Register product on line issue

I have successfully installed Install Shield limited edition to create setup and deployment project in VS 2012

While creating project, install shield asking for product activation and prompt a popup to add serial number.

I entered serial number received through Email and click on "Activate " Button.

Another popup displayed and asked for "Register my product online" button.

on click of button it navigates to URL "http://mktg.flexerasoftware.com/mk/get/is2010le" and displayed "The webpage cannot be found"

Please help
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Harish,

Do you have the right activation number?

After you select Activate button, dont choose "Register my product online" button.

You can open Visual Studio and create a New Project-> right click on your solution and add -> Existing Project-> Setup and Deployment-> InstallShield Limited Edition-> Create.

Please let me know if you need any further help on this.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Chaitra,

Thanks for reply.

I received serial number through mail after registering and downloading install shield limited edition for visual studio.

I followed your steps to create project.

on click of project creation,

first popup it will show with caption "InstallShield Time-limited Trial" and has two radio button options
1)Activate or Register for free copy of InstallShield --> Enabled
2) Continue to Evaluate InstallShield --> Disabled

Since second radio button is disabled I need to go with first option

second popup "InstallShield Product Activation" will ask for serial number. I entered the serial number received through mail and click on "Activate" button

third popup "Activating Serial Number" shows a message "Please wait while we validate the serial number you entered..." and after some time it will popup a message showing "Serial Number not registered" and two buttons, one with caption "Register my Product online" and another with "Product registration complete".

I clicked on "Register my Product online" button

it navigates to URL "http://mktg.flexerasoftware.com/mk/get/is2010le" and browser displays message "HTTP 400 Bad Request"

I am not sure what is the issue here. Kindly help us.

Thanks and Regards
Harish
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Harish,

Though i cannot reproduce this issue on my machine, i now understand the scenario you are facing currently with InstallShield Limited Edition.

I would like to suggest you to follow some simple steps and re-try ( any of the below might help resolve this issue) :

1. Run a "Repair" process of InstallShield Limited Edition from Control Panel.
2. Perform registry cleaning, with the help of any Registry cleaning tool.
3. Download a Fresh copy of InstallShield Limited Edition, you get a new activation number. Try installing with that.
4. Restart your machine, and restart Visual Studio.
5.You may also want to try this on another machine. (with a new activation key)

Hope this helps.

Please let me know the results.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
heng_visal167
Level 2

Hi dear, Please help me to solve this,I copy the serial key from my email to Activate and then the MessageBox pop up and show"Serial Number Not registered,The serial number you purchased required product registration to prior to serial number activation" I don't know what to do. please help me to solve this.Hope hearing from you soon.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Kindly make sure the serial number that you enter do not have any white spaces, as a space is also considered a character during registration.

You may want to run a repair process or restart your Visual Studio to get it functioned right.

If nothing of the above helps, i request you to download a new copy of InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio from the link provided below:

http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio

Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos