cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onur_tacettin
Level 3

Redistributable Setup Problem(MS SQL CLR Types, MS SQL Management Objects)

I got the following error after completion of setup on the target machine(XP):

Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91′ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have found the resolution to be upon installation of the following files:

Microsoft SQL Server System CLR Types
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client

The problem is, even though I included them to my setup project, they aren't being installed during setup. I downloaded the files successfully. And I placed them in the last feature of the setup since they require .Net Framework and MS SQL to be already installed. Any suggestions(I did try to place the feature before .Net and SQL installation as well, same result)?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
onur_tacettin
Level 3

Update:

As a matter of fact, I have tried using SQL 2008 instead of 2005 just maybe because there would be incompatibility, this time, it not only failed to start the CLR Types and Management Objects setup, but it also failed with SQL Server 2008 setup. Maybe there is an issue with SQL 2008 products with installshield2011?

Any idea would be much appreciated, thank you.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

What kind of error do you get when SQL Server 2008 fails to install with InstallShield? If you install SQL Server 2008 manually onto the same target machine (without using InstallShield), is it successfully installed?
0 Kudos