cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clif001
Level 3

Working with VB.Net 2010 Express

I just downloaded and installed InstallShield 2011 Express to evaluate.

I've developed an application in VB.Net 2010 Express and would like to create an install.

When forst starting InstallShield, I select "Create New Project" and am presented with a dialog that allows me to select the project type (I choose VisualBasic.NET Wizard) and enter a project name and location (I enter the appropriate info). I then click "Ok". I am then presented with a dialog that says, among other things, "Visual Studio.NET must be installed on your system to continue with this wizard" and the button options available are "Finish", "Cancel" and "Help"

I do have Visual Studio.NET (well, VB.Net 2010 Express) installed on the same machine as InstallShield.

Selecting "Finish" or "Cancel" closes the dialog. Selecting "Help" opens a screen that mentions that an InstallShield project can be added to the Visual Studio solution. Selecting "Add a project" to my project solution does not present InstallShield as an option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Clif001
Level 3

Fixed, sort of...

I rebooted my machine after installing "InstallShield 2011 Express" and can now I can continue through the creation of an installation project.

There is still no InstallShield Wizard available in the VB.Net "Add Project" option.
0 Kudos
Clif001
Level 3

I was wrong. Turns out I accidentally left the project type on "Express Project" The project type "Visual Basic .NET Wizard" still doesn't work as described in the initial post.
0 Kudos
AlexeyRedko
Level 2

Hello!
There is any tutorial how to add windows service to express edition installer?
0 Kudos