cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flinte
Level 2

Redistributable Download fails

Hi all,

since I upgraded to Windows 7 x64 I am not able to download Redistributabled any more:

I am trying to download some redistributables for my project. (sql express 2008, .NET Framework etc.)

When I try to Download the Redistributable (right click "download selected item") I only get the Message: "the Download failed, would you like to try again"...

Is there a way to figure out WHY the download fails? Already tried turning off without firewall etc.

Does someone know how to solve this problem?

System:
Win7 x64
Visual Studio 2008
InstallShield 2010

Thanks,
Michael

EDIT: No difference after installing InstallShield 2010 SP1
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Are you running InstallShield from within Visual Studio? If so, it's run without elevated privileges by default. When you try to download, InstallShield tries to download the files to a location that requires elevated privileges. Therefore, the download fails.

So, maybe you can try to launch InstallShield and/or Visual Studio with elevated privileges. (Right-click and select the Run As Admin option.) As an alternative, you could download redistributables from the following page:
http://www.flexerasoftware.com/products/installshield/files-utilities.htm

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Flinte
Level 2

Yes I am running installshield from within Visual Studio.

Your solution works! Downloading prerequisites is possible when I run VS with Administrator rights.

I now checked the "Run aus Administrator" box at the compatibility pane to make it easier...

Thanks! 😄
0 Kudos