cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waltersb
Level 2

Readme file in multilingual installations

Hello,

I have a Basic MSI project which installs my application in german or english. The installation works fine.

After installation is finished, a readme file should be displayed in the selected language. therefore I assigned following event to the OK button in the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog:
DoAction | LaunchReadmeFileFromSetupCompleteSuccess | LAUNCHREADME And READMEFILETOLAUNCHATEND <> "" And NOT Installed

Beforehand the property READMEFILETOLAUNCHATEND is set by a user defined action depending on selected language.
([$COMPONENTNAME]What to do after installation.rtf)

I checked the property READMEFILETOLAUNCHATEND in the MSI-Debugger. It has the correct value (D:\APPLICATIONDIR\What to do after installation.rtf).

Wenn I executed the setup a Error message was shown instead of the RTF file:
δ|\What to do after installation.rtf
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
drewdy
Level 4

Windows does not have a program assigned to the text format rtf. Try right clicking an rtf file and clicking "Open With." Then choose a program (WordPad or Notepad should work fine) and make sure the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" checkbox is checked. Then run your installer again and it should open fine.
0 Kudos