cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z_efrati
Level 4

Radio Buttons Group's Property doesn't take a new value on time

I have this problem:

On uninstallation, I need the user to choose between two options, and accordingly, one of two Custom Actions will execute during this process.

So I created a dialog that has a Radio Button Group with the two options to choose from. The choice is saved in a Property (1 or 2). The condition of each Custom Action ANDs with the relevant Property value.

After that, during the uninstallation process, I saw that the initial value of that Property always determine which Custom Action will execute. I thought that this Property never takes a new value. But that's not the case.

I looked at the log, and I saw that just before the end of the file the Property has the value that the user has chosen, much after the uninstallation process ended and a decision of which Custom Action should ececute has made.

Any ideas about what to do?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You'll want to make sure it's a public property (with an all-caps name: RADIOPROP and not RadioProp, for example) if the action is in the Execute sequence. What is your radio button group property?

(You'll also want to ensure the property is listed in SecureCustomProperties, but InstallShield should do that for you.)
0 Kudos
z_efrati
Level 4

I tries using a Public Property, and that solved the problem.
I looked like the Private Properties are initialized twice - once for UI sequence and one for Execute sequence. I can't imagine why Windows Installer does that.

Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Right, the UI sequence and Execute sequence are separate processes; private properties are indeed initialized twice, while public properties are passed as command-line arguments from one sequence to the other.
0 Kudos