cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zavulon
Level 3

Push serial and username to prerequisites

Hello,

I'm creating an installer for internal use. It installs our software on a device. Now, our software is dependant on a third party software, it is a single .exe that is made with installshield.

Now, I created a custom prq that will install the 3rd party software as part of our product. (So I launch my setup and the third party installer is launched as part of the prerequisites). So far so good. But, I would like to pass the serial key to the third party installer (since it is a multi-license) automatically, so that I don't need to fill in the key in the third party installer.

How can I do this? Since the third party installer is also made with installshield (the logo is there), I think it should be possible, but I haven't figured out how yet.

Thanks
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

You may try creating a response file for the third party installation package or pass the required inputs (for example:serial key in this case) using properties from command line arguments option in the prerequisite editor.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
Zavulon
Level 3

Hello,

thank you for your answer!

I was wondering, how can I find out the available command line options? And what is a response file?

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Normal (non-silent) installation receives the necessary input from end users in the form of responses to dialogs. However, a silent installation does not prompt the end user for input. A silent installation must get its end-user input from a different source. That source is the InstallShield Silent response file (.iss file).

Response files can be created using setup.exe /r /f1 command.

This only applies for the setup files created using installscript project type(in this case the third party application setup)

Please, refer below link for information on setup.exe command line Parameters.

http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/isxhelp19/helplibrary/IHelpSetup_EXECmdLine.htm

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos