cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEinstaller
Level 7

ProjectException

When I try to open some projects that were made on another system I get the following error. "ProjectException: An error occurred parsing the project. (com.jxml.quick.QPE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentsException: array elements type mismatch)"
I am new to IS but I think this has something to do with my java, could it be because the version on my system is different than the version these projects were built on?
Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Euclides
Level 2

HI,
I experienced that message once, and it had sometinh to do with failures in my custom benInfo class. Try to remove any recent beanInfo class you created recently and the error will go away.
Then, you can debug you beanInfo class by creating .sp file and run the IDE with it.
0 Kudos
MEinstaller
Level 7

I would try that but I can't even open up the projects. The machine they were created on is thousands of miles away. Any other thoughts?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What versions of ISMP are you and the other author using?

And here's an old thread that suggests the error occurs when one system adds build configuration platforms not supported by the other: [thread]123390[/thread].
0 Kudos
Euclides
Level 2

Here is how:
Create a text file named "InstallShieldUniversal.sp" in the same directory as the "InstallShieldUniversal" launcher (the directory where you installed 10.5 Universal). In this text file put the following line:

is.debug=1

Save the file, open a command window, change to the directory where Universal is installed, and run the command "InstallShieldUniversal -is:javaconsole". For example, on Windows:

InstallShieldUniversal.exe -is:javaconsole

This will open the IDE with a command window. In the command window, you will see java debugging information. Look for exceptions that occur when you attempt to open your projects.
0 Kudos