cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbrunotte
Level 2

Product activation problems

I installed ISLE 2013 for VS 2013.
After installing ISLE I started VS 2013 and did all steps of point 3 in the installing instruction manual sent via email to me.
After clicking th OK button (a next button does not exists) I'd got an error message in the status bar of VS 2013.

"Das Projekt "Setup1" wird erstellt... Fehler beim Erstellen des Projekts"
That's all.

There was no dialogue to activate the ISLE product. Neither I can find a hint to start ISLE (no program group, no button in the task) nor a template in VS 2013 to create a ISLE project.

Thanks a lot for the help.
0 Kudos
(32) Replies
olga_krm
Level 2

Hi

I need to install the "InstallShield Limited" so that the program did not require activation after installation. Now after installation should be activated by SN and then still make activation via email or Internet - we have not this opportunity.

I need deploy this installation via SCCM2007 in our work network for 200 computers with Visual Studio Professional 2013, Windows 7 OS 32 bits.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
ron_p
Level 2

I uninstall the InstallShield and install it again, and it work out!
Reinstallation without removing not correct the problem.
0 Kudos
jegam
Level 2

Few days back my laptop was crashed so I moved my hard disk in a new laptop. Now I am getting license corrupt error and then after prompting repair now the Visual Studio stops responding and the project creation fails. I tried uninstalling and re-installing several time but same issue.
Kindly advised how to reactivate.
0 Kudos
hassana
Level 3

I registered on the page that VS redirects me to. I got a download link for InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition and a serial number.
I installed IS using the download link. When I try to create a new setup project I get the activation screen. When I enter the serial number (format XXXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXXXXXX), I get the message that the serial number is not registered. When I click register my product online, I get the message that the serial number is already registered.
Needless to say I verified that there are no trailing spaces etc..
I tried this with both Visual Studio Premier 2013 and Visual Studio Enterprise 2015. I encounter the same issue with both.

Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
hassana
Level 3

Also, I do not see any option to activate offline.

hassana wrote:
I registered on the page that VS redirects me to. I got a download link for InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition and a serial number.
I installed IS using the download link. When I try to create a new setup project I get the activation screen. When I enter the serial number (format XXXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXXXXXX), I get the message that the serial number is not registered. When I click register my product online, I get the message that the serial number is already registered.
Needless to say I verified that there are no trailing spaces etc..
I tried this with both Visual Studio Premier 2013 and Visual Studio Enterprise 2015. I encounter the same issue with both.

Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
hhovland
Level 2

I went through the relevant procedure to register myself and received the Serial Number and then pressed the download code.

I activated Visual Studio Pro 2015 and created a new project as per the instructions. Up came the dialog asking for the serial Number which I typed in and cut and pasted. Both methods failed with the message that the "Serial Number Not Registered".

After quite a few attempts, I went to the register the serial number page on this website to be told it was already registered, so I tried Visual Studio again, with the same result - failure.
0 Kudos
phunt1
Level 2

I am seeing the exact same issues as the previous post. I try to create a project. I get to the InstallShield Product Activation window. I copy and paste the serial number that I received in the email after registering and downloading. I get an Error 20661 "Serial Number is not Registered". I click on the error, get to the Help Library and click on the link to go to "http://flexerasoftware.force.com/register" I try to register from there and get "r002 : The Product Serial Number is invalid or has already been registered."
0 Kudos
tdaoudi
Level 2

I have exactly the same problem. Same symptoms, same blocking problem. Please help!
0 Kudos
hassana
Level 3

Just FYI. It is working today after a machine reboot, might be or not related to the reboot (I had restarted VS yesterday and hadn't changed anything).
0 Kudos
hugh_spiller
Level 2

I have the original poster's problem, where VS fails to create the project you need for registration, just in VS2015 and in English. In the status bar, it says "Creating project 'Setup1'... project creation failed." That's the whole error message. It's a fresh, 2015-compatible download of ISLE.

Most of the answers on this thread seem to relate to the other problem, where people entered a serial number and had it rejected, but we don't even get anywhere to enter the number. Is there a solution for this one?
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

Do you have any issues creating any other project types in VS?
Also, are you running VS as admin?
0 Kudos
hugh_spiller
Level 2

kyi wrote:
Hi,
Do you have any issues creating any other project types in VS?
Also, are you running VS as admin?

I can create ordinary Web and Windows projects. I am running VS as admin.
I've fully restarted Windows (7), which has made no difference.
I am still able to create and load ISLE projects in VS2013, just not 2015.

Thanks.
0 Kudos