cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdshan
Level 4

Product Bean Properties

I am new to IS 11.5 MP, so forgive me if this information is easily found somewhere else, but I can't find it.

I would like to know what properties I can set and get for a Product Bean using the setProductBeanProperty and getProductBeanProperty methods of the Product Service? From what I can tell some are visible in the IDE and others are not. Since I new to this I'd like to concenrate on the ones that are not visible in the IDE.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

The list of bean properties is different for each type of action. For the root Product bean, features, and components, I imagine "absoluteInstallLocation" is the most important invisible property; if you're looking for something in particular, you can look in the project file for property names...
0 Kudos
bdshan
Level 4

Thanks Robert for the quick reply.

I looked in the project file and I don't even see the "installed" property listed. Which begs the question where does it come from?

But, I would be interested to know what the 0 property means and what are its possible values?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Hmmm... I don't think that one is documented; it might just be for internal scratch use or some such thing. What are you trying to determine? Perhaps there's a specific way...
0 Kudos
bdshan
Level 4

This is the behavior I am trying to achieve.

We upgraded our installation to IS MP 11.5 from IS MP X. The problem here is that the new install even though it find the product installed via the Legacy Installation Location action it however does not mark features with the string "(installed)" on the feature selection dialog. As it would if I was running an upgrade installation. By the way this is, but IS engineering has already admitted that this is an issue with the product.

I am trying to find a way to invoke this behavior. My line of thought was that the string was displayed based on a product bean property
0 Kudos