cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamil_try1977
Level 3

Product Action placeholder must be resolved before building

I am new to IS, trying to build an installer to install my product, I have provided all the jars available, in the classpath. I have no clue about the message "product action place holder must be resolved before building". I have no custom code. I am just trying to lay down some files using the GUI provided by IS. Any help would be really appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
sjjs84
Level 5

In the install directory of ISMP, create a text file with the same name as the ISMP executable except with the extension .sp. In there write is.debug=1. Restart the IDE and rebuilt the project. In the output, you should be able to see what bean it's trying to build before the error/warning is thrown.
0 Kudos
tamil_try1977
Level 3

thanks, I tried and got which action has problem. However, I have included everything in the classpath including this action class and the classes used by this action class. I dont know somehow its still failing... any clue?

Thanks
0 Kudos
tamil_try1977
Level 3

I found the problem. First of all, to find the problem you can do the following,
1. Open the installshield multiplatform ide and check your sequences
2. if you click on your action, that will show the exception,

with that exception, you can find out what the exact problem is. And you can fix it.

Thanks
0 Kudos