cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shuttledude
Level 7

Licensing question

I have downloaded the *.exe to install InstallShield 2008. This is our official "Maintenance Fulfillment" copy, not a demo copy that I got from the regular website. I would like to temporarily install it on a test computer just for a little while, then later install it on the "official" computer where it permanently reside. I have only one license, so I don't want to use it to register or unlock the software for use on the test computer. Will I have some time (maybe 30 days?) to use this version on a test computer before it has to be registered?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

My firewall doesn't allow for activation and the install came up with a 21 day trial period.
0 Kudos
MartinMarkevics
Level 2 Flexeran
Level 2 Flexeran

Yes, you can install it on a test machine, which will give you 21 days of evaluation time as Chris mentioned. Note, that it will be an evaluation version until you activate, which means among other things, any setup you build will show the messagebox indicating "This product was built with an Evaluation version...".
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Fortunately your serial # should work ( assuming you are an upgrade customer ) with the stand alone build without activation. This means you can use your eval seat to check into source control and then perform your official build through automation and deliver a package that won't have any annoying nag messages in it. This is what I'm doing as I would never deliver a package that was built off of my dev machine.
0 Kudos