cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flaminchiten
Level 3

Problems with elevated permissions

I have a basic msi installer that needs to run with elevated permissions on Vista, this part is fine. The problem is that when I launch my program at the end of the install it needs to run with user permissions and does not function properly when it has admin permissions which it seems to inherit from the installer.

Is there a way to run the installer in admin and the installed program as non-admin when the install is complete and launched from the install?

Thank you in advance

-Andy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Scaazy
Level 3

Flaminchiten wrote:
I have a basic msi installer that needs to run with elevated permissions on Vista, this part is fine. The problem is that when I launch my program at the end of the install it needs to run with user permissions and does not function properly when it has admin permissions which it seems to inherit from the installer.

Is there a way to run the installer in admin and the installed program as non-admin when the install is complete and launched from the install?

Thank you in advance

-Andy

Log on as a testuser (Guest )
0 Kudos
Flaminchiten
Level 3

The problem is not with my user account, the install needs to run as admin but the program needs to run as non admin when launched from the install.

The install needs admin, install can launch the program, if it is started from the install it gets the elevated permissions...which I do not want.
0 Kudos