cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
racoon82nz
Level 4

Problems with .Net Framework 3.5 and with sp1

I'm running into a problem here. In my setup program, I have a setup prerequisite for .Net Framework 3.5, which works fine on both systems with and without .Net Framework 3.5 installed.

However, when I try to run the setup program onto a PC with .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed. I'm getting an error message complaining .Net Framework 3.5 needs to be installed!

As you know I'm still a newbie at installshield, can someone please tell me what should I do? I could just create a new prerequisite which points to .Net Framework 3.5 SP1, but I'm sure there is an easier way to do this. Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
racoon82nz
Level 4

Problem fixed.

In case someone got into the same path as mine, all you need to do is to change one of the install conditions from:

DOTNETVERSION35="3.5.21022.08"

to:

DOTNETVERSION35>="3.5.21022.08"
0 Kudos
gkriggs
Level 6

I ran into a similar problem, but in my case we require that NET 3.5 SP1 be installed. Where did you find the launch condition in the InstallShield IDE? The only place I could find it is in the Installation Designer tab, Additonal Tools, Direct Editor, click on the LaunchConditon table. However, I'd prefer not to directly edit the MSI tables if I can avoid it.
--Greg
0 Kudos
gkriggs
Level 6

FWIW, I found where you can edit the Install Conditions: go to Installation Designer tab -> Installation Information -> General Inforamtion -> Product Properties, then click on the ellipsis button for the "Install Condition" product property.
0 Kudos