cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balaji_trinity
Level 2

Problems while rendering ChoiceComponent in console mode installation

I have a InstallShield Multiplatform project moved from 4.5.3 to 11.5. This is working fine for GUI and silent mode installations but i have a few problems in console mode installation.

From the Installation type screen ( Typical/Custom ) where a ChoiceComponent() is used to input the value, it just quits the installer once a value is selected. When I tried to run the installer in debug mode it failed with the following Exception.

No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.
java.awt.HeadlessException:
No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Choice.(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizardx.ui.ChoiceComponent.(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizardx.panels.ConfigureASAPUnixVariables.initialize(ConfigureASAPUnixVariables.java:191)
at com.installshield.wizardx.panels.ExtendedWizardPanel.consoleInitialize(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizardx.panels.ConfigureASAPUnixVariables.consoleInitialize(ConfigureASAPUnixVariables.java:74)
at com.installshield.wizardx.panels.ExtendedWizardPanelConsoleImpl.initialize(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.console.ConsoleWizardUI.currentBeanChanged(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.currentBeanChanged(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Unknown Source)
(May 31, 2007 2:40:32 AM), Setup.product.install, com.installshield.wizard.console.ConsoleWizardUI, err, could not display error message panel -- exiting wizard
Wizard.getExitCode(): called after WizardServices is shutdown.
Wizard.getExitCode(): called after WizardServices is shutdown.
SolarisSystemUtilServiceImpl: deleteFilesAfterExit()

SO I tried to set the DISPLAY variable and run the installer and it proceeds fine. But it doesn't makes sense to run a console mode installation setting the DISPLAY variable.

I gave this another try by removing the ChoiceComponent from the particular screen, rebuild the installer and run it in console mode. This time without setting the DISPLAY variable it works fine but fails in another screen where a ChoiceComponent is used.

Could any one of you shed some light and help me out resolving this issue.

Regards,
Balaji .C
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jweber
Level 6

Maybe you could post some of the code that seems to be causing the issue
0 Kudos
balaji_trinity
Level 2

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the interest that you have shown in investigating the issue.
Recently, I had managed to find a way to overcome the issue and its working fine now.

With Regards,
Balaji .C
0 Kudos