cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggodoy
Level 2

Problems trying to install a Visual Studio 2013 Solution

Hi to All !!!!!

I'm having a problem and I don't know what to do ...

In have a solution in Visual Studio 2013 Premium that contains several DLL projects and 1 web site project.

I get the Installshield setup.exe file and when I try to install it into the Application Server (Windows Sever 2008 R2 with IIS7) I received the message: "The wizard was interrumped before DS8 could be completely installed ..."
I run the setup with LOG option and get this with "RETURN VALUE 3":

InstallShield 16:02:00: Parent element is NULL while searching collection
InstallShield 16:02:00: Element is NULL. Can't get collection
InstallShield 16:02:00: Collection is NULL. CreateNewElement failed for: application
InstallShield 16:02:00: PutPropertyValue: sProperty path sValue DS8 bIsPath 1
InstallShield 16:02:00: PutPropertyCommon: sProperty path sValue DS8 bIsPath 1
InstallShield 16:02:00: Element is NULL while looking for the following property: path
InstallShield 16:02:00: PutPropertyCommon: no property returned for path, don't try to set it now
InstallShield 16:02:00: Creating virtual dir with path '' and physicalPath 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Digicard Sistemas\DS8\.
InstallShield 16:02:00: Collection is NULL. CreateNewElement failed for: virtualDirectory
InstallShield 16:02:00: PutPropertyValue: sProperty path sValue bIsPath 1
InstallShield 16:02:00: PutPropertyCommon: sProperty path sValue bIsPath 1
InstallShield 16:02:00: Element is NULL while looking for the following property: path
InstallShield 16:02:00: PutPropertyCommon: no property returned for path, don't try to set it now
InstallShield 16:02:00: PutPropertyValue: sProperty physicalPath sValue C:\Program Files (x86)\Digicard Sistemas\DS8\ bIsPath 0
InstallShield 16:02:00: PutPropertyCommon: sProperty physicalPath sValue C:\Program Files (x86)\Digicard Sistemas\DS8\ bIsPath 0
InstallShield 16:02:00: Element is NULL while looking for the following property: physicalPath
InstallShield 16:02:00: PutPropertyCommon: no property returned for physicalPath, don't try to set it now
InstallShield 16:02:00: spCollection NULL in CIisFunctionsVista::AddElement.
InstallShield 16:02:00: pElement NULL in CIisFunctionsVista::AddElement
Action ended 16:02:00: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
Action 16:02:00: Rollback. Rolling back action:
Rollback: ISIISInstall
Rollback: Copying new files
Rollback: Creating folders
Rollback: ISIISRollback
InstallShield 16:02:01: User legacy object preference is the following: . This is based on the value of the following property: IISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS

Could any tell me what is the problem and what I need to do ???

Thanks a lot for everyone !!!!
Gustavo.-

(PS: I attach the whole log file)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello,

Very sorry for the delay in response.

From the logs, we can see there are many NULL errors:-

InstallShield 16:02:00: Collection is NULL. CreateNewElement failed for: application

Can you please verify that all values of the website, virtual directory are filled and try rebuilding the project?

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks ~Swetha
0 Kudos