cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colbey
Level 4

Problem with setup prerequisite dependency .prq file locations

I am encountering a problem with the locations of .prq files when setting dependencies. I use a version control system (perforce) and would like to check in the .prq’s in such a way that if the source is fetched from perforce it can be built on any build machine using our build process and the standalone system and/or using IS if that is available.

I have created some custom prerequisites and they have dependencies, if I edit the prerequisites using the prerequisite editor it incorrectly sets the path to the .prq to be ISProductFolder\SetupPrerequisites which causes builds to fail. If I manually edit the .prq to point to the correct location for the dependency this fixes the problem.

Although I have a workaround its likely that others will also encounter this problem so I felt it was worth posting about the problem and also raising the question of if there is likely to be a fix.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I always go through and replace everything to be relative path'd so I can check it into the SCC system. Your right, ISProductFolder is bad since this creates a build time dependency thats not in your source system.
0 Kudos