cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IlkkaV
Level 7

Problem with InstallScript actions in a Suite project

I'm having an issue running even the most simple InstallScript Suite actions in an Advanced UI/Suite project. Log shows the following when running the action:

[CODE]8-5-2015[02:15:32 PM]: Running event 'Test'
8-5-2015[02:15:32 PM]: Launching InstallScript action in function 'Test'
8-5-2015[02:15:32 PM]: Engine: request for proxy handler, 0, 0
8-5-2015[02:15:33 PM]: Action returned value 0x80020005
8-5-2015[02:15:33 PM]: Action 'Test' returned status 0x80070643[/CODE]

That function consists of a single SuiteLogInfo call in a nearly-stock Setup.rul. There seems to be something off with this particular project as I had to specifically define paths to default InstallShield libraries to get it to even compile and a similar test function in a freshly created Suite project works fine. However, reconstructing the project from scratch will be quite a task, so any hints that could help with restoring the current project file into a usable state would be highly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

What is the prototype for the script function you are attempting to call? Specifically, what is the parameter type? The error in the log (0x80020005) indicates a type mismatch, which can occur when attempting to call an exported script function that is prototyped incorrectly. A correct prototype would be:

export prototype ScriptFunctionName(OBJECT);

Note the function accepts one parameter which must be of type OBJECT.
0 Kudos
IlkkaV
Level 7

Thanks Josh, that was it 🙂 I've written so much InstallScript custom actions for basic MSI projects that I had automatically set HWND as the parameter there and failed to spot that while wondering what's wrong.
0 Kudos