cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien
Level 2

Problem when project is converted from IS V11 to IS 2010

Hi !

I have a "InstallScript MSI Project" running well on IS v11, and I want to convert it to the new IS 2010 that I just got.
After IS ask me to convert the project, I see all properties and others, but, I can't execute the setup.exe as usual !?!

The fact is the progress bar on the very first screen begin to fullfill, and then all "crash / disappear / I don't know what append" and I come back to Windows Desktop... without any messages.
No log file under the windows temp directory or anywhere, nothing wrong at first sight, but no explain of what appends ?!?

If I try to convert my "converted project" to a "InstallScript Project", it runs, but I need to keep a "InstallScript MSI Project"...

Can you help me ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps try launching setup.exe with the new /debuglog switch? Also, were there any warnings in the project-upgrade log?
0 Kudos
Julien
Level 2

OK, I have the solution :

Before resolving this problem, I was using InstallShield Pro v2010 and it does not work well :

- I convert my InstallScript MSI Project from v11 to v2010
- The setup process won't launch the installer first dialog question (Setup is preparing... and everything disappear)
- A new project with same product and upgrade code won't upgrade the previous installed version (error 1638)

I finally contact my administrator, and he put InstallShield Premium v2010 SP1 instead of Professionnal v2010 version.
After this, it works well again... setup launch itself and keep going until it finished AND upgrade works again.

So, I think there is a BIG problem in project conversion between Pro and Premium version that should'nt be.

Hope this help some people...
0 Kudos