cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sybaritefury
Level 2

Problem uninstalling migrated project

We are in the middle of attempting to migrate an old InstallShield 5.5 InstallScript project onto IS 2008, and my, how the world has changed.

In InstallScript, we used to manually set up an uninstall registry key under
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Product_Name\
with
UninstallString= "C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\Product_Folder\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\ISI\uninst.dll" -c"C:\Program Files\Product_Folder\_UNODBC.DLL""

But, I don't see IsUninst.exe in the Windows folder anymore.

I can see that Installshield is setting up the uninstall stuff here: \....\Uninstall\{GUID}

And the uninstall string that it sets up is this:
"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{GUID}\setup.exe" -runfromtemp -l0x0009 -removeonly

and the GUIDs there match.

But when I run the uninstall from add/remove programs, it runs our setup again like it's trying to update it, not remove it.

I don't know where to begin troubleshooting this one.... any pointers?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
polonel
Level 2

I'm having the same issue.. I upgrated from Installshield 12 to 2008 and the uninstall was working fine before. Now when i run the uninstall it comes back saying that it uninstalled successfully but nothing was actually removed. If I run the uninstall from C:\Windows\msiexec.exe /x {GUID} the uninstall works as intended...

Its an InstallScript MSI. and i've checked the OnUninstall() in the installscript..
0 Kudos