cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lam1278
Level 6

HELP PLEASE: Language Selection dialog

NOTE: This is for InstallShield 12 SP2 Premier, but, I have also posted it here to allow for the biggest audience.

Two different projects, same problem: We have 1 Basic MSI project that is used to install our main application, and 1 InstallScript project that is an optional installation to install the manuals.

The customer HATES that the language selection dialog box is different in both cases. By HATES, I mean, they refuse to pay us for our application until I fix or re-write the language selection dialog for the following reason:

Remove the country descriptions from the language selection boxes. So, instead of "English (United States)" change to "English", "Spanish (Tradiional Sort)" change to "Spanish", "German (Germany) change to "German".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Onto my questions:

QUESTION #1
Is there any possible way that I can still have all of the features of the language selection box (i.e. I still need to pass the correct transforms to my MSI and I still need it to install the prerequisites.), but instead display my own dummy selection box. So like a dummy dialog box that displays the languages the way the customer wants to see them:

English
Spanish
German

But, based on the selection in my dialog box I can run "Setup.exe" without prompting for language, and instead pass it on the command line?

Is this possible?

QUESTION #2

If they decide to let me keep the current MSI language selection box, and the user selects "German (Germany)" is there any registry entry or environment variable that gets set by "Setup.exe" based on that selection?

That way my installscript project can read that value and I don't have ask the user again. If I do it myself in my own dummy dialog box, I can write my own entry, however, they hate that they have to select a language twice. Once by the MSI and then again by the InstallScript project.

THANK YOU SO MUCH AHEAD OF TIME!!!

Lynn
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

(Please don't post in multiple forums; follow-up [post=418504]here[/post].)
0 Kudos