cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
norbert_gugu
Level 2

Problem to read registry values

Hello,
I am trying to check a registry value via launch condition, but it doesn't work.
I have made a new launch condition under system software requirements.
The launch condition is defined as:
Registry Root: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Registry Key: SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Office14.AccessRT
Registry Value: "DisplayVersion" >= "14.0.4763.1000"

I am Using Install Shield Limited Edition and the target system ist Windows Server 2008 R2.
I have tried several variation of the registry value, but none worked.

!!!Question: What I am doing wrong, or does I need additional rights to read registry data.

I have inspect the generated setup.exe with progmon and there is no sign of my registry read statement.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Lenwin
Level 10

Registry search can be used to check if a specific registry key with the registry value name specified exists. It cannot be used to compare the data in the registry value.If the Registry value field is populated with the value name i.e DisplayVersion then the registry search checks if the value DisplayVersion exists under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Office14.AccessRT.

If you would like to compare the data in the registry then you would have to write custom code in Vbscript,Jscript.

Your requirement could be achieved in Premier and Professional edition of InstallShield thorugh System search functionality.
0 Kudos