cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usmanjamil
Level 5

Problem activating Installshield on a new machine

Hi

I have been using IS 2008 Professional for over 3 years now. Its time to retire my old machine and move IS to new machine. Following the procedure, I uninstalled IS from old machine (connected to internet) to get the key deactivated. I installed machine on new machine and when I try to activate it there, it gives me error
Error 50018 : An unexpected error has occurred.

I've tried with the offline verification too, but the email address offline_activation_beta@macrovision.com is no longer in use. I also sent the request text to 'installshieldsupport@flexerasoftware.com', but only I got was automated replies and no follow up on that.

Can someone please assist me with this error. I really need to get things working on my new machine ASAP.

Regards

Usman
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
shadyschin
Level 2

I see there was a Flexera Software KB that may help you.

Q113029: INFO: Troubleshooting InstallShield 2008 and InstallShield 2009 Activation Issues

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalID=Q113029
0 Kudos
usmanjamil
Level 5

Hi shadyschin

Thanks for your reply. I've already tried this article and according to them, in such an error, all I can do is to adopt offline activation method, which I have already tried and emailed the license file, but it has not worked for me yet as I keep getting automated replies and no specific solution.

Hope someone from thier technical department could assist me here.
0 Kudos