cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timbro
Level 3

Prerequisites issue - installing based on the OS language

Hello,

I want to include Jet 4 as prerequisite for my setup and install it based on the OS languge of the target machine. The setup has two languages: Italian and English and the user can choose the install language interface between English and Italian.

IS 2008 has only one version of Jet 4 Sp8 - English version. I have the italian version and I can add it to prerequisites using the prerequisites editor from IS IDE. But my issue is how to install Jet4 ENG on ENG OS and Jet4 ITA on ITA OS. The setup editor doesn't help me much. Isn't?

If I only include Jet4 ENG the Jet4 cannot be installed on Italiana OS (e.g. Win 2000 Italian).

Can someone suggest me a solution for this issue?
THX..
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Holger_G
Level 10

How about writing a custom bootstrapper launcher?
0 Kudos
Timbro
Level 3

thx, but what do i resolve with a custom bootstrapper ? 😄
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Your bootstrapper application checks the OS language and launches the according Jet 4 installation.
0 Kudos
Timbro
Level 3

ok thx a lot...

🙂
0 Kudos
Gvarma
Level 7

Nick Rivers wrote:
Your bootstrapper application checks the OS language and launches the according Jet 4 installation.

Do you have an example that show how one can detect OS language in "custom BootStraper"?

TIA
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Check out Microsoft´s National Language Support Functions and grab the one that best fits your requirement. I would use a C++ bootstrapper application.
0 Kudos
rchand445
Level 5

I am using Visual Studio 2005's bootstrapper utility. This msdn article explains more: Use the Visual Studio 2005 Bootstrapper to Kick-Start Your Installation. Additional information can be found here.
0 Kudos