cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superfreak3
Level 11

Prerequisite with a Support File...

Hi there,

We have a third party .exe which we want to add as an installation prerequisite. The UI of which can be prepopulated through the use of a configuration file. We would like to use this configuration file so I'm wondering if there is a way to connect this file to the prerequisite.

The prerequisite is set up properly and does launch the third party .exe, but I don't know if/how I can utilize the config file.

Is there any way to do this?

I thought about just adding the .exe and config file as Support Files and fire the .exe at the end of our install, but there is an order of operations which needs this third party .exe fired first.

The only other thing I can think of is create an entirely new prereq .exe which would encapsulate the third party .exe and config, extract these two to a temp directory and execute from there. I don't even now if extracting resources and calling them from an .exe is possible.

Any help or information on this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

Just including the config file as one of the files contained in the prerequisite is all you should need to do. All of the files included in the prereq will be extracted to the temp folder and then the exe will be executed from there.
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

DanGalender wrote:
Just including the config file as one of the files contained in the prerequisite is all you should need to do. All of the files included in the prereq will be extracted to the temp folder and then the exe will be executed from there.

Right in front of my face!!! Thanks!

I even examined the prerquisite focusing on the Dependency tab, but that was for other prerequisites, not files.
0 Kudos