Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holger_G
Level 10

Prerequisite (MSI 4.5): Setup does not resume after reboot

Hi,

Basic MSI
Windows Vista 32bit

I´ve added the default MSI 4.5 Prerequisite to a Basic MSI project. Default behavior setting is 'Reboot the machine and resume on reboot'.
Setup prompts the user for reboot (Yes or No) after MSI 4.5 installation. Clicking Yes reboots the machine but the setup does not resume.
Installed directly from a desktop folder.

Holger
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
jwreels
Level 5

I have the same problem when installing a different prerequisite. However this problem only occurs when I am installing from a cd. It does NOT occur when installing from the files extracted off the cd.

When installing from the cd and checking the RunOnce in the registry, it only has "\setup.exe". Shouldn't it have the entire path?
0 Kudos
csellers
Level 3

I'm experiencing this same problem, where my install does not restart after a reboot caused by the Windows Installer 4.5 prerequisite. Has anyone else seen this problem, and if so is there a workaround?
0 Kudos
jwreels
Level 5

Unfortunately I never found a fix for this problem. If you do, please post back here. Thanks!
0 Kudos
remkop
Level 3

I'm experiencing almost the same problem.

What I'm seeing is that the setup resume installing after th ereboot, however it goes to th einstallation of my application in stead of going on with installing Prerequisites (like SQL Server 2008).

I have to reboot beacause I want to install SQL server 2008 (and that gives an error if the computer is not rebooted).
0 Kudos
tupac21354
Level 3

I'm also experiencing a similar issue...

Prerequisites that appear: MSI 4.5, .Net 3.5 SP1, SQL Server Express 2008

Steps:
- Install 4.5 Prerequisite
- Install .Net 3.5 SP1
- Yes to Reboot
- On resume the SQL Server Express 2008 Prerequisite no longer appears...

If I close the prerequisite window and relaunch the installer the SQL Server Express 2008 Prerequisite appears again?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
jignesh_parikh
Level 4

I am having the same problem. I have two prerequisite Windows installer 4.5 and .NET Framework SP1. I think .NET Framework SP1 doesn't require reboot so I removed it from reboot. WI 4.5 requires reboot. Installation asks me to reboot the machine. I chose Yes but after reboot my setup is not resuming.
0 Kudos
grparsec
Level 7

Any fix for this? I'm having the same problem.
My setup does not resume after prerequisite installs and reboots the machine.
0 Kudos
tupac21354
Level 3

I'm still having this issue... I've just logged it as a known issue, but a solution would be ideal. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks
0 Kudos
devataanil
Level 2

i have the same problem on windows 7 it asks for reboot and after the reboot it does not resume the installtion.
0 Kudos
jpelot
Level 3

Anyone ever get a resolution for this? I too am seeing my SQL Server 2008 prereq skipped after the reboot for Windows Installer 4.5.
0 Kudos