cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sean_mcpoland
Level 2

Prerequisite MS Office 2013 not in build and not recognised

Hi,

just built my first project with the 2012/2013 beta but when executing the install package it tell me the Microsoft Office 2010 or later needs to be installed. Well yes, I have 2013 installed...

So first problem is installer is not recognizing MS Office 2013.

Second problem (though not as significant as the previous one, is I noticed during the Project Assistant process that MS Office 2013 is not presented as a choice...come on. 2013 has been out for quite a while now...

Short stop though is I can't test or otherwise install my package as it doesn't "see" 2013...

I did try to look at the Windows Installer Log as well to send but then I get a Error 2732: Directory Manager not Initialized.

thanks and regards
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello Sean,

We will forward this feedback to our product management team on adding Office 2013 as a software requirement in Installshield Limited Edition 2013 for visualstudio.

To create new custom prerequisite, you have to upgrade to professional or premier edition of installshield 2013.

The Windows Installer Error Messages documentation for error 2732 says:

The directory manager is responsible for determining the target and source paths. It is initialized during the costing actions (CostInitialize action, FileCost action, and CostFinalize action). A standard action or custom action made a call to a function requiring the directory manager before the initialization of the directory manager. This action should be sequenced after the costing actions.

Please verify any such case exist in the behavior and logic view to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos