cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmcnabb
Level 2

Prerequisite File Location Change Not Working

I've been working on a change to store my PRQ files in a subfolder under my InstallShield project folder, instead of the default InstallShield location. I changed the Prerequisite File Location path to this new location by going into Tools -> Options and selecting the Prerequisites tab. I made the change in both the Current User and All Users text boxes. After making the change:

• My PRQ files are not found and listed
  • If I create a new PRQ, it ends up in the default InstallShield location

I've verified the path I entered and I've also tried entering it as a fully qualified path (i.e. C:\Source\InstallShieldProjects\MyProject\Prerequisites) and using a path variable (i.e. \Prerequisites). I also restarted InstallShield.

Help appreciated!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Note that the option you describe only changes where InstallShield looks to find prerequisites. It does not move the prerequisites, nor change the default for the prerequisite editor. You will have to copy or move files, or save them to other locations manually. Also, if you added the prerequisite in an old enough version of InstallShield, it will have stored a direct path to the original location in the project file. You may have to remove and re-add the prerequisite in order for it to use the prerequisite locations in Tools > Options.
0 Kudos
tmcnabb
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. I tried adding a new prerequisite after changing the PRQ file location in Tools -> Options and the PRQ file still showed up in the old default location. I had also copied all of the prerequisites from the default location to my new folder location prior to changing the setting in Tools->Options.

After changing the PRQ file location setting, any prerequisites that were checked (included) prior to making the change are still in the list but are no longer editable, presumably because InstallShield can't find them. If I uncheck one of them, it disappears from the list all together, again presumably because it can't find the PRQ any longer, in either my new location or the default location. I've triple checked that the new folder location is valid and is where all I've copied all my PRQ files.

Has anyone tried this or am I alone in taking this approach?
0 Kudos
phanik
Level 6

hey ,

I too follow the same approach to install prerequisites.
0 Kudos