cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayank23
Level 4

Please Help!

I am not able to fully uninstall my application.I am using Basic Msi project.After uninstallation , although all the other files and dlls are deleted but the folder structure(empty folders and subfolders) still remains intact along with the log file.What steps do I have to take in order to remove this "left over"( folder structure) too ? 😞
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
KathyMorey
Level 10

The folders should be removed if they were created during the installation and are empty after uninstallation. You might try validating your package to see if that gives you any clue as to why they didn't get removed. (Or log the uninstallation and see if you get any clues in there.)

What log file are you referring to? If it is created by your application, you should be able to remove it on uninstallation using the RemoveFile table.
0 Kudos
Mayank23
Level 4

Thank you very much 🙂
Yeah the logfiles are created by my application in Log folder..
Had these log files be only one or two then I could have populated all of them in the remove file table using direct editor,but these log files are different for everyday.:(
Can you please guide me again regarding this issue.
0 Kudos
cbragg
Level 7

The removefile table supports wildcards so you could remove file *.log or whatever the extension you use is. Then you can have another entry in the same table specifying the directory without specifying the files which will also remove the folder. Please note though that a folder cannot be deleted if it contains other files or folders so you need to add entries for each sub folder and files if there are any
0 Kudos
Mayank23
Level 4

Thanks I got it .I am making an empty folder Log and then in the remove table ..I am passing *.* in the file name and "Log" as directory property and YAY :cool: it works ..Yipeee:D
0 Kudos