cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martti
Level 2

Platform filter issue after 5.1 to 2011 migration

Hi Folks,

I have upgraded a 5.1 install script project to 5.5, as a recommended intermediate stage upgrade. The upgrade compiles correctly. I then upgrade to IS2011. After fixing script errors and getting a nearly clean(3 BYREF warnings) compile, I try a refresh build, and see an Error -7261: Platform(s) not supported. The error suggests changing General Info's Platform filtering. I have tried the options offered for this property and still see the error.

I also created an intermedaite upgrade with a trial version of 11.5. I see a different, but similar error: 7262 : No supported plattforms included in the media

I've seen old posts where people have seen this in the aftermath of an upgrade from 5.x. The suggested fixes did not help. I also tried to see if any changes in the base 5.1 or 5.5 job, before the migration attempt, might make the migration succeed. No improvement.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Martti
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Both of these errors can be caused by invalid platform filtering selections either in the General Information | Platform Filtering setting or in the Platform(s) setting on the Build tab of the current release you are building (the release setting overrides the filtering setting from the General Information view).

A few releases ago InstallShield support for Win9x and Windows NT 4 platforms was removed. If these platforms were originally selected in the project you are migrating, the migration should remove them; however, if this doesn't happen for some reason the platform filtering values would be invalid.

You may try the setting the platform filtering options across the project to "The project supports all platforms that InstallShield supports" to ensure the old filtering values are removed (both the General Information and Releases view settings; creating a new release will also eliminate the chance of using invalid values for existing releases). After the project builds successfully, you can set specific platform filtering requirements if needed.
0 Kudos
Martti
Level 2

Hi Josh,

After the migration, I had changed the GenInfo platforms to Support all platforms..., but missed Releases Platform(s), which was still showing Win 95! I changed Releases Platform(s) to and all is good!

I also just reran the 5.5 to 2011 migration and the log shows the removal of the Windows 9X MSI Engine Release Setting. The migration does leave the GenInfo Platform filtering showing Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows Server 2003, as did Releases Platform(s).

Thanks!
Martti
0 Kudos