cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wei-chun
Level 3

Physical path of installed website not resolved

Hi,

I'm trying to install a number of websites, all works well except for one. The physical path is not resolved ( contains the string used in the project).
I managed to work around it but I think it is not the proper way.
I 'm using installscript MSI Project with Install shield 2010 SP1.

Problem:
Create a feature with target directory e.g [INSTALL]WEBDIR and add a component say WebsiteComp
Create an application in the Server Configuration/ IIS section,
set the component field to WebsiteComp.
Set the Content Source path using the browse button. This results in {WEBSITE}[INSTALL]WEBDIR\WEBSITE
When I run this setup on XP, I get a Web app with the physical path set to WEBSITE !!!

Workaround: Change the target directory of the feature to [INSTALL]WEBDIR\WEBSITE and everything seems to work now.

I'm new to InstallShield so I was wondering if there is another way to force the path to be resolved.

kr,

Wei-Chun
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

Hi Wei-Chun,

On the 'General' tab of the Release you are building, set 'Keep Unused Directories' to Yes. Rebuild the project and test it. This should resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Alpesh
0 Kudos
wei-chun
Level 3

Thanks Alpesh,

that seems to work.

greetz,

Wei-Chun
0 Kudos
nhenny2008
Level 3

Upgraded my working IS2009 projects to IS2010 and have the same problem with my virtual directory creation...trying the fix now and will report back.
0 Kudos
nhenny2008
Level 3

Hmm not working for me...any other suggestions.
0 Kudos
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

Since you upgraded from IS2009, please try recreating the IIS components in the IIS view. And then build and test the setup.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Alpesh
0 Kudos