cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KRZero
Level 3

Path Variable Overrides

Hi all,

I have a small problem with the new Path Variable Overrides feature in IS2011. Adding one parth variable to a release works fine, the selected variable gets overwritten at build time. But as soon as I add a second path variable override item to a release, neither the first nor the second path variable are overwritten anymore. After closing and reopening the project it also doesnt show the two items anymore

See the two attached images also

1. Before saving the project
2. After saving and reopening the project

Any help on this issue is highly appreciated.

Regards

Kai
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

I attached the InstallShield 2011 hotfix for this issue to this post. In order to apply the fix, you need to copy ISWIBuild.dll and IsWsBuild.ocx to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011\System folder. For the Standalone Build, you need to copy ISWIBuild.dll to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011 SAB\System folder. Note that it is an unofficial fix as it is not fully tested by our QA team. Therefore, I would strongly recommend that you make a backup copy of the original files before applying the fix. Also, the work order #IOA-000058776 has been submitted to track this issue.

Regards.
0 Kudos
Valentinka
Level 3

When will this fix be official?
We have the same problem. Overriding of two or more variables doesn't work.
0 Kudos
tw0001
Level 4

Same question, why is the not official or on a KB - this should definitely be part of a new hotfix (e.g. hotfix B)
0 Kudos
Jan_Person
Level 2

Hello,

Are there any updates on this one? Is there an hotfix/kb already? Thanks!

P.S.
One workaround is to delete the path variable overrides in the ism file, save the ism file as binary, then re-add the path variable overrides.

I also checked IS2012 trial and it does not have this issue.
0 Kudos
troycumbo
Level 3

A year and a version later, and this is still a bug, at least in the command line build tool of IS2012.
0 Kudos