cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickRLandon
Level 2

How to create Basic MSI with all program and configuration files included?

I have tried to create a MSI (via both the command line and UI) that contains all the files in my software within an single MSI.
Regardless of what I try when the MSI is produced the actual files are not included in it, only in the filesystem where install shield writes them, as CAB files or in the file system for the "release."

I simply need to build the MSI with everything included so that one MSI file has everything needed. If I inspect the MSI, I see the files are listed in the MSI tables, but this edition of InstallShield does not seem to want to actually write the files into the MSI?

I am attempting to use an ISM that worked exactly in this fashion under Install Shield 2009. I have simply run the conversion when I attempted to open the ISM under the update version (2012 Spring), saved the converted file (as XML) and nothing works at all now. When I run the UI or command line, no errors are given, nor are error codes (ERRORLEVEL) non-zero.

Any insight would be apppreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
phill_mn
Level 7

Creating a compressed MSI without a bootstrapper is supported, however only in a fully licensed version of the IDE.
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q200900&sliceId=
0 Kudos