cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maforshaw
Level 5

Path Variable Overrides Broken

We have upgraded from 2013 to 2014 and now all our projects are building with the wrong files.

The problem appears to be that Path Variable Overrides are not working properly if one path variable refers to another. Here is an example of path variables using an InstallScript project type:

VER_FOLDER = 2013
X86_FILES = C:\Build Files\\x86
X64_FILES = C:\Build Files\\x64

If I set "VER_FOLDER" in the "Path Variable Overrides" section of the media to "2014", it still uses "2013" in the path variables "X86_FILES" and "X64_FILES" when built.

It works fine if I directly override "X86_FILES" or "X64_FILES". However, the above is just an example; we have many more path variables that refer to VER_FOLDER.

This worked fine in earlier versions so how do I resolve this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JohnCresswell
Flexera Alumni

Work order IOJ-1663112 has been submitted to address this issue.

As a work around can you try using lower case for any path variables that you intend to override. So in the example you give you would want to change VER_FOLDER to ver_folder in all places it is used.
Please let me know if there are any issues with this work around.
0 Kudos
maforshaw
Level 5

JohnCresswell wrote:
Work order IOJ-1663112 has been submitted to address this issue.

As a work around can you try using lower case for any path variables that you intend to override. So in the example you give you would want to change VER_FOLDER to ver_folder in all places it is used.
Please let me know if there are any issues with this work around.

Hi John

I edited the .ISM project file directly and did a search and replace to change my path variable overrides to lowercase (luckily they had more unique names than my example) and it seems to have worked, thank you.

Regards

Michael
0 Kudos