cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ISNoob
Level 6

Patch Family

Hello

I can create a patch where there is a difference between the old and the new msi. Then I use the patch created on a previous client. When ever there is a patch available, its an incremental patch, so I have to install ie:

patch A, then patch B and then patch C in sequence. If I was on Patch A, and then did not install any updates and the product has reached patch H, is there a way to build the patches together so that the patch includes all fixes from Patch A to Patch H? So that I only install patch H over patch A.

There is a patch family option I can see, how do I use this?

Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
ISNoob
Level 6

Acresso... Please can some one help me out here? I have been on training but we did not touch on "Patches" much.

How does the patch family work??
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The Previous Setups node in the Patch Design view is where you specify which previous versions are targeted by the new patch. If you are creating patch H and end users should be able to apply it to target systems that have any previous patch, you would add a new subnode under the Previous Setups node for each previous target version.

However, if you want to require that end users should install each patch (patch A through patch G) before installing patch H, the Previous Setup node for patch H would contain only patch G.

Some InstallShield white papers provide more information on creating upgrades and patches. To access them, visit http://www.acresso.com/products/is/installshield-resources.htm, and then click the White Papers tab.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
ISNoob
Level 6

Hi Debbie

This helps a lot. I'll try it.

0 Kudos