cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyamstrad
Level 6

Passpowrd Proteection Dialog

I have a problem with the password dialog not being shown whenever I perform a release build using ISCmdBld.exe and ReleasePackager.exe. When using the IDE the dialog is shown, and all the correct attributes in the 'Releases' view have been set correctly. e.g. ShowPasswordDialog is set to yes and the build scripts poiint to the 'Releases' name.

I notice that when I debug the released package (setup.exe) the SHOW_PASSWORD_DIALOG constant is always false.

if( !SHOW_PASSWORD_DIALOG ) then;
return ISERR_SUCCESS;
endif;

This used to work and I have cleared out the Direct Editor table entry ISBuild. Is this an issues with the .ism?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
andyamstrad
Level 6

It appears to be something to do with the switches on ISCmdBld.exe. I am using -r to point to the release name and seem to need to use -a for the product configuration (in the help this is used for Windows installer) because I pass in and update the ProductVersion dynamically. If I ommit the -a it will use the default the setting in the releases view which is hardcoded to a version e.g.\5.0.17.48\Setup the password dialog is then displayed. But if the ProductVersion is different it appears to ignores the settings in the ism release view.

Can I change the version number in bold using the ISWiProductConfigs interface or similar, if so any example code? Or can I replace the version number with a property.

I already update the ProductVersion during the build automation process using the ISWiAuto16.ISWiProject interface so I could possibly update the release location in the releases->build view also.

BTW Instalshield 2010 InstallScript project
0 Kudos