cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sshevade
Level 4

Passing user selection value to a msi and conditionally select features based on the value

I have an InstallShield project that presents to the user a custom dialog where they select few options. Based on the options selected, I make a call to a different MSI project. I want to conditionally select features in that MSI project based on the options the user selected. Can you suggest some options on how to make this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

There is no native Windows Installer technology to transfer information from one MSI to a different separate MSI. The solution here would be to create physical files on the target machine that the 2nd MSI can search for.

• When the user makes a selection in the 1st MSI this could create a Property, you could then create registry entries which are dependant on those Properties existing.
  • When the second MSI is started you can use system search to search for those registry entries and if found create a new Property
  • This new Property can then be used as a condition on the feature in the 2nd MSI.
0 Kudos